Painting Binge

"Slide"
Watercolor 15 x 22 inches

Yesterday, I opened a can of "crazy" in my studio. I must have soaked it all up, because I went nutz! Painted three finished paintings before 5PM.

As I said in yesterday's post, I had sooo much fun!

This is the first of three paintings . . . .actually, more . . .because I did 2 more today! (yes, I am bingeing).

After a week long workshop and harping at the participants about sizes and good shape design, all that stuff was ever present in my mind as I painted these. Beyond seeing rocks and trees, look for the shape of the light value (not just the white ) and how that shape connects to all four sides in the shape of an upside down Tee. Big compositional shapes are what makes paintings strong and bold . . . .and sets up a dominance which leads to unity.

Okay, enough preaching. There are more to see in other posts.

Meanwhile, I am still on a painting binge.