The Value of . . .




"Periogord Vineyards"

oil on canvas panel, 8" x 10"

The value of practice cannot be overstated. Quite simply, if I am not painting daily, I lose the touch. Even Tiger Woods goes to the range to stay tuned up and to practice . . . . .and yes, he still takes lessons.

This painting is a sad reminder of how long I have been away from smudging on the oil paint and attempting to make something of it. I like my day job . . . . .but jeeeeze! I wanna do this too . . . .at my convenience, thank you very much. Isn't that what everyone wants; Life on their own terms?

There is small voice in the back of my ear whispering something to the effect of "Sorry, Charlie! You aren't getting your way on this one. More practice, Bub! Much more!"

And who was the great philosopher who said "It takes miles of paint and acres of canvas to become a good painter?"

I'll say this, though . . . .It sure felt good to be at the easel for an afternoon!

Labels: ,