Transparent Oxide Red



"Speed Bump"
oil on linen panel, 8" x 10"


I have fallen in love! Yup! I did!


With a color! In fact I like it so darn much that I even ordered it for my watercolor pallett. (sp?) Transparent Oxide Red is sooooo versatile! It combines with greens to make the most natural greens any one can imagine. Yet, the greens never go to that forbidden totally neutral place called black . . . or worse . . . M.U.D. ! It just keeps pushing the greens to a place that gets more neutral but stays green somehow. And with other colors . . . .Oh, Yes!! This lil girl flirts with em all.


That said, look at the greens in the last 6 or 7 paintings. (The monitor could be off a lil bit, so don't take what you see too literally). It has earned a permanent spot on my palette!

Labels: , , , ,