More Red

"Red Cup"
oil on linen on panel, 6" x 8"


This morning was red again . . .but not so early today. After all it's Sunday! Normally, I don't make paintings on Sunday, but after the poor showing a week ago, I figger I better make up the losses. Inside of the painting per day promise was another goal: 100 paintings before Sept 1 of this year. So, what ever I can produce will help that goal.

I was anxious to give this cup a go today as it was part of the 'loot' I gathered at the import store. My wife suggested I use this little japanese tea cup she had brought home from Japan when she was an exchange student there a few decades ago. The two make a nice contrast.
This piece, in a frame, is a perfect mate to the two I painted in the last few days. In fact, the set is framed and on view in our living room in an out of the way corner. Niiiice!

Labels: , ,