Welcome to M.E. BAILEY ART . . . .

Here you will find adventures in painting. . . . Victories, absolute defeats, frustrations, highs, lows, lessons learned, commentary and thoughts from me and other artists.

As an art instructor, I don't wish to hide the fact that I crash and burn often. I will always be learning. So, it all gets shown here . . .good and bad. Every painting we do counts in the learning and experience process. The failures actually are much better teachers than successes. Every piece made is a teacher. That's the fun of it: the challenge to learn.

SEARCH FOR A WORD IN THE BOX TO THE RIGHT: COLOR, VALUE, PERSPECTIVE, IDEAS, MUSE, PLEIN AIR. . .ETC . . . .YOU'LL FIND PLENTY OF PAINTINGS AND IDEAS AS A RESULT. hAVE FUN!

Join in and comment or email me, if you would like.


Saturday, June 9, 2007

Tropical Mosaic

"Tiled Pineapple"
oil on canvas, 20" x 16"

First, I made the underpainting with Cad Orange and Cad Red and made a mental note that this would be a blue green painting lots of tropcial colors.

The idea was to make a painting design built upon the pattern on the skin of the pineapple. Looking closely, there is almost a spiral upward of rows of small pentagons. Within them are protrusions, and spikes and dents and all sorts of repetitive tracks.

You can see immediately why it was so labor intensive.

Someone out there has a home in Hawaii or has a tropical decor and would like this painting in an honored place. Please contact me via email if you would like to consider acquiring this piece.













6 comments:

silvina said...

Hey, what happened? I thought you where through with the pineapple. It's beautiful though.

Mike said...

This is it for a while. Am in a plein air event all week. Glad you like it! :-)

Todd Bonita said...

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the comments, I'm enjoying your pineapple series and all your experimentation. I think half the fun is trying new things and figuring stuff out. You look like you're definitely having some fun. looking forward to checking back and seeing what you're up to.
Best,
Todd

Nava said...

Ah - - - that's the Mike we know!!!

Very cool interpretation and play of pattern.

Yup, I'm back :-)

Mike said...

Todd, you make me humble. Seeing that baseball of yours just slays me. I still have no idea how you do it!

Thanks for the positive comments!

Mike

Mike said...

As for you, Nava, there just might be more to me than you know! ;-)

Mike...... ;p)