Welcome to M.E. BAILEY ART . . . .

Here you will find adventures in painting. . . . Victories, absolute defeats, frustrations, highs, lows, lessons learned, commentary and thoughts from me and other artists.

As an art instructor, I don't wish to hide the fact that I crash and burn often. I will always be learning. So, it all gets shown here . . .good and bad. Every painting we do counts in the learning and experience process. The failures actually are much better teachers than successes. Every piece made is a teacher. That's the fun of it: the challenge to learn.

SEARCH FOR A WORD IN THE BOX TO THE RIGHT: COLOR, VALUE, PERSPECTIVE, IDEAS, MUSE, PLEIN AIR. . .ETC . . . .YOU'LL FIND PLENTY OF PAINTINGS AND IDEAS AS A RESULT. hAVE FUN!

Join in and comment or email me, if you would like.


Friday, June 22, 2007

Saturday and Sunday

80 to 100 feet to the bottom. I wonder if there will be waves on Saturday.


Here's where I'll be on Sat & Sun. There are cliffs and rocks and lonely beaches all around this area. This is the first view from which we will be painting. Thought you'd like to see how beautiful it is. Enjoy the weekend!

1 comment:

Ed Terpening said...

That looks like a great scene, Mike. I miss the water! I've been traveling a week now, and have two more to go. At least I'll be in NYC the next couple of days and will be surrounded by it. Then to land-locked Telluride.

Happy Painting! Hope to see you at our July 14 paint-out at Buena Vista Park in San Francisco. Should be fun.