Today's Painting





"Vinegar and Onion"
oil on linen on panel, 6" x 8"

SOLD




Today's piece is a slight shift away from food by including a decanter. The onion was very interesting to paint . . .a boring shape, it is. So, I had to use the light to give it some life . . .AND . . . .as is always the case when we paint something, I noticed a LOT of different colors in the skin I had never seen before. How many onions have I handled in my life and never seen the colors? All of them!!! I hope you enjoy this piece as much as I did creating it.
I have to break outta the house today. Gotta go to work! Nursing my wife has been a good experience for both of us . . . .but cabin fever and the need to answer my clients is compelling. A short day at the office then back here to insure all is well.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,