Some Days I Get Two . . .



"Tanner Heights Grove"
oil on linen 12" x 16"
SOLD


Oh, Yessssss !!!! Some days it just works out to paint more than one!

On the day it rained, my painting buddy and I (Bill) had to call off our get together to paint. And, as you see in my last post, I painted in the studio. Later, while at the office, the sun came out and I had the itch to be out painting. So, I cleaned up my work and started out the door at 5PM . . . .and Diana (my wife) called to tell me we would be eating at her mother's place. Perfect! I'll find a spot around her house and paint. Diana was surprised that I didn't need a big "scene."

So, I stood behind the house, looked down into a eucalyptus grove. . . . . and painted fast cuz it was getting late. I had to hurry . . .a spot of color here, a blotch of color there to set off the other color, a dark here and a light there . . . .a little atmospheric perspective . . . .next thing I knew a painting was taking shape and I was amazed that it came out like this!! Some days just about everything goes right !!

I am having a wonderful time!!

Mike

Labels: , , , , , , , ,