Look Only As Far As . . . .

"Red Bells"
Oil on linen on panel, 6" x 8"

I am one of those people who begins to get a little shakey if I don't create something. I don't know why or how that is. It just izzzz. That means that if I find myself getting irritable or grouchy, I probably need some time with a paint brush. When it seems the world is getting too close or crowding me or my time, I go to the studio for a while and schmear paint. If I read about it and don't do it, then the itch just gets worse.


People ask me constantly, "How do you find the time?" or "How do you do it all?" I suppose the answer is something to the effect of "How could I not?" This morning I awoke at 3:30 AM with my head buzzing with ideas. By 4 AM I was in the studio painting. Done at 6:30AM, my mind is now settled and I am ready to get on with the day while completely satisfied that all is right with the world. Nice ! :-)


I experience similar feelings about getting outside to paint, but when circumstance dictate otherwise, I look no further than my studio and the produce drawer in the refridgerator for something to paint . . . .or deep in an old cupboard, or a drawer, or my workshop. There is always something waiting for the honor of being promoted from 'ordinary' to a treasured piece of art.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,